Chief Investment Officer- Pretoria [Permanent]
|Salary||R1.2 - R2 million pa negotiable on experience and qualifications.|
|Proceed to new heights. Share in the success of this acknowledged consulting engineering group.
• Our Client is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Chief Investment Officer ("CIO") with strong development finance experience in infrastructure finance sectors - such as energy, health, transport, water and sanitation and real estate - to lead its investment team. Experience within the African financial sector is strongly preferred.
• The CIO will be responsible for sourcing, structuring, closing and monitoring investments in Infrastructure Projects.
• Lead the investment team and work closely with the CEO and with the Investment Committee to monitor and evaluate portfolio objectives, risk parameters, as well as performance benchmarks.
• Source investment opportunities in line with the objectives with a specific focus on infrastructure finance sectors such as energy, health, transport, water and sanitation and real estate, located in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Gather data, analyse financial statements, prepare and defend proposals to the Investment Committee.
• Conduct due diligence on investment opportunities together with at least one other investment officer.
• Perform valuation analyses, prepare and defend investment proposals.
• Negotiate transaction terms and review transaction documents as team lead or second.
• Monitor and manage portfolio of investments.
• Prepare financial and social performance reports on portfolio companies.
• Identify exit opportunities for investments and lead or support exit process.
• Minimum 8-10 years development finance experience with proven success preferably across different African countries.
• Familiarity with operation and regulation of financial institutions.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Development Finance, Accounting, and Finance, Economics or related major; an MBA or Master in Economics/Finance is preferred.
• Excellent financial modelling capabilities and the ability to support multiple projects with a keen attention to detail.
• Demonstrated negotiation and transaction documentation management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Self-motivated, self-directed with a positive attitude.
• Strong work ethic appropriate for a small, fast-paced, team-oriented organization.
KINDLY APPLY ONLINE
Please note: Should you note receive any feedback 10 working days after you have applied, please assume that your application is unsuccessful