Legal Advisor (Procurement), Centurion [Permanent]
|Salary||R400 000 to R500 000 CTC per annum negotiable on experience and qualifications|
|Advance your career. Profit from joining this thriving national concern.
• To provide legal solutions/advise to business unit.
• To mitigate against legal risk and partner with the business on the implementation of policies.
• Comply with legal and regulatory requirements and business processes.
• Drafting, reviewing & scrutinizing general commercial agreements & contracts including, but not limited to service level, client agreements, supplier agreements, tender documentation, general service providing, lease agreements, sale of business, joint venture, shareholders, any employment related, confidentiality, restraint of trade agreements & contracts.
• Draft & convey legal opinions on specific legal issues, legislation & specific contracts with emphasis on commercial, property, construction & employment law.
• Recommend implementation of contractual remedies to mitigate risk.
• Institute & defend legal actions for the company.
• Evaluate the merits of matters including investigating & evaluating case information & evidence.
• Review & prepare cases, brief attorneys of record & external counsel & manage cases & all external legal service providers.
• Ensure debt collection for the company.
• Conduct legal research & application of the relevant law.
• Ensure legislative compliance & corporate governance.
• Responsible for general legal administration.
• Conduct various company legal office secretarial functions e.g. certifying documents.
• Interpret & report on any agreements & contracts, tenders, court orders & registered deeds, surveyor general diagrams, compilation plan, mineral area & other cadastral information.
• Provide general legal advice to the business.
• Bachelors Degree in Law or equivalent
• Legal Professional Body or Institution
• Matric (Senior Certificate)
• Valid SA drivers license
• 5 - 8 years relevant legal experience as a Legal Advisor in a commercial environment.
• Solid practical knowledge of drafting & reviewing Commercial contracts, Client agreements, Supplier Agreements, Tender documents (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs). Knowledge & understanding of relevant legislation.
• MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint & MS Outlook. SAP knowledge.
• Sound knowledge of applicable legislation.